Friday, February 15, 2013

Prologue

So, last year as we were registering for classes, I had a huge gap in my schedule, and I had no idea how to fill it.  None of the classes I wanted would fit there, so I finally decided to make up my own and do a directed study.  I tried to think of something I found interesting that I didn't know much about, and what did I come up with? Philosophy. 
I met with our shortest, most enthusiastic English teacher, Mrs. Brixey and she agreed to be my "teacher."  She told me about this really interesting book called Sophie's World by Jostein Gaarder, and thought I might enjoy it. As I begin to read this story, my philosophical journey begins.
And as part of my "curriculum" for this study, I will be exposing all those great philosophical moments in this blog.  Enjoy :)

No comments:

Post a Comment